Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Today was the first day back at school! And my first day in year 5!
(see me on my first day at school here)

It was really exciting today because I've got a new teacher and I wasn't sure what to make of her, but she is really nice! Until playtime today Miss talked to us about the new things now we are in year 5 like our diary yearbooks and we had to write things in it that Miss put on the board. She told us about the boxes on our tables. I'm sitting next to a boy called Sam - he is in year 6 now and he is quite nice (but I would prefer to sit next to Jake or Summer).

After break we had to interview the person next to us and write about them (I was with Sam) and finished mine but I have to write it up. Then it was lunch time (I sat next to Summer and Stevie). But I was called in to see Mrs Giles this afternoon - Mr Bradley called my out of my class and said that Mrs Giles wanted to see me and asked me if I had been naughty. Mrs Giles just wanted to see me about a competition I had entered - Yorkshire Young Fashion Designer 2011 - I've won my age category and the overall winner will be chosen tomorrow.

Our new topic in this class is space and next Thursday we are going to the IMAX to see a film about space, but today we had to do a diagram of the solar system with the colours of the planets and their size and distance from the sun.

No comments: