Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Today we did a mini Olympics called Spirit Alive. I was in the China team - I'll tell you where the China team came at the end of the blog!

We did lots and lots of different sports. First we went in and did all the usual things like hang my bag on my peg and then we had registration. Next we went up to the hall and all sat down with all our different sports kits on - we all had different coloured sports kits depending on which team we were in - I had red and white (for china), and another team had red and yellow (that's why we couldn't have red and yellow even though China's flag is red and yellow).

Miss Giles said that they will call out the different countries and then play the national anthem for those countries and all the people from that country team had to stand up. We had a flag for each country and I had to hold the China flag and wave it during the football and the hockey. Then we went out and did our games - first it was running races - I came first out of all the key stage ones. Then it was hurdles but key stage 1 weren't aloud to take part. Then we had throwing - I got 10 points! Then we went inside to have a drink of orange or raspberry juice and a biscuit, and then we went up to the hall again to do dancing. China (my team) had to dance against the USA, and we won - all the music was Micheal Jackson. Key Stage 1 danced to 'ABC' and Key Stage 2 danced to 'Can You Feel It'. Our points were 9, 9, 9, 7, 8, 7. Then we did bowling in the corridor, and then went for a little play outside.

It started to rain a bit, so we had to go under the shelter, then we joined the rest of our teams and then we played some more sports. After lunch we did hockey and football - I got one goal in hockey and in the next round, I scored another goal. In football I scored two goals and in the next round I scored another goal. Miss told us secretly how many points we had, but none of the other teams knew. I'm not going to tell you the points until the end of the blog though.

We all went into the hall again in our teams so that each team was sitting together. I thought we were going to come third or second. One of the teachers was late, so we had to wait for him to arrive and while we were waiting we sang 'I say spirit - you say alive - Spirit Alive - It's the best day ever!' and if you watched Britain's Got Talent this year and you saw DJ Talent, you'll know what tune it was to. Then Miss Giles read out the who came 10th, who came 9th and so on and guess where we came?......

.....FIRST! With 558 points! I got a gold medal (with the rest of my team). Brilliant!

No comments: