Monday, October 16, 2006

This morning I went into school with dad, and when I arrived I saw a pirate. Mr Collier was dressed up as a pirate with a black beard, a hook, a patch over one eye and a parrot. He told us about pirates and then I made a pirate hat. Then we sat on the carpet. When we were on the carpet, the lady from the office came in and told us all that a funny man with a funny top on had arrived at the school - he was a pirate!

Then Mrs Hudson - who was also dressed up as a pirate, gave me the telescope so that we could go on a treasure hunt. We went outside, passed the steps, up some steps, into the school, went into the after school club room (it's actually called Koosh). There we saw a treasure chest; it was full of chocolate money! Then we went into the hall, and we saw two pirates. They were real pirates with a real parrot who was saying 'pretty Polly' all the time! They told us all about pirates.

After that it was dinner time. I had Yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, sausage and broccoli, and for pudding I had strawberry whirl.


No comments: